Software needed to install the ULTRACAM pipeline.
The ULTRACAM/SPEC pipeline is one of my C++ packages, and before
anything else you should read the instructions on my
main software page
as to how to go about installing. The intention of this page is to provide a
quick reference to the software you will need. Much of it might already be on
your system. An easy way to proceed is just to start trying to install, and
hope to recognize what is missing when you encounter problems. The list here
might help to flag what to look out for.
- Make sure you have standard packages: you will minimally require
autoconf, automake, libtool, git,
make (GNU make best), gcc, g++,
gfortran. Many of these should already be on your system and it will
probably soon become obvious if any are missing.
- Make sure you have 3rd party packages: you will need
readline-devel, libcurl-devel, libXerces-c-devel,
cfitsio, pcre-devel. These are all available in typical linux
distributions, but might not actually be installed on your system.
- Install PGPLOT and slalib: see the
main software page for more on these, which are not
available in standard distributions.
- Install my packages: do so in the following order: subs,
colly, ultracam. Refer to the main software
page for how to get the software and possible problems you might encounter.
- Let me know of anything extra you think it might be worth adding to these
Tom Marsh, Warwick