AR Sco materials
Here are some materials associated with the AR Sco Nature paper:
- Paper or arXiV
- Mark Garlick's artist impression (JPEG)
- Optical light curve superposed on Herschel
image (PDF). The star forming region rho Ophiuci is the dominant nebulosity
of this image taken at 500 microns in the far infrared.
- Herschel image alone with Right Ascension
and Declination indicated. Again at a wavelength of 500 microns.
- University of Warwick press release
- ESO press
- Brightness animation (4.1MB AVI file). Lasts 2
minutes but covers 240 mins of AR Sco at 120x real speed. Shows advancing
20 minute section of the
flux to show the pulses, plus 240 min section (a bit more than one orbit)
that accumulates, along with postage stamp images to illustrate how the star
would appear visually.
- youtube version probably more
- AR Sco, Director's Cut (15MB AVI file). Lasts 5
minutes and covers 340 mins of AR Sco at 78x real speed.
version of AR Sco artist video
If you want to know more or are interested in collaborating in an observing
campaign on this amazing star, please contact me (see bottom of
page for how).
The AR Sco story was picked up a fair bit; here are a very few selected examples:
- Astronomy Now
- De Standaard